Having salt in the kitchen is not a problem, unless you suffer from high blood pressure or something like that. After all, this is what gives our food the savory taste we love so much!
Nowadays, there is an even healthier option than regular table salt, which is Himalayan rock salt . . It is rock salt extracted from mines located in the Punjab region of Pakistan. It is very popular among health enthusiasts due to the many natural minerals and elements coexisting within its crystals. Here are a few facts about Himalayan Salt Minerals explain why it is currently the hottest trend in the health industry.
All About Himalayan Salt Minerals — Benefits, Facts & More
Himalayan salt owes all of the hype to its many ingredients. It is common knowledge that rock salt contains 84 different «minerals». However, all 84 elements of natural salt are not minerals like hydrogen and oxygen. This does not mean that this salt is not trustworthy. It contains several essential trace elements. Himalayan pink salt after all!
Himalayan Salt Mineral Analysis
- The chemical formula of pink salt is the same as table salt. Its chemical formula is NaCl — sodium chloride.
- Sodium and chloride by themselves are essential for the health of your body. Because table salt is primarily composed of these two substances, they are an obvious and significant part of Himalayan pink salt. Where table salt is 99.9% sodium chloride, Himalayan pink salt has more room for other minerals and elements.
- Rock salt is 98% sodium chloride. The remaining 2% of Himalayan salt is made up of various minerals and elements.
- Sodium is essential for the body to function. However, don’t overdo your salt intake, as too much can be harmful.
- Sodium maintains fluid balance and promotes healthy muscle and nerve function.
So what is the remaining 2%?
- Himalayan pink salt is said to contain 0.1% magnesium, 0.28% potassium, and 0.16% calcium. All of them are essential minerals and elements for basic life functions.
- Iodine: Himalayan salt contains natural iodine. This means that it does not need to be artificially treated with iodine, as is the case with table salt. Iodine is essential for the production of thyroid hormones. These hormones regulate important bodily functions.
Iodine deficiency can interfere with the production of these important hormones. It can also lead to an enlargement of the thyroid gland, known as a goiter. Thus, this natural salt helps prevent goiter.
- Iron: Have you ever wondered how this rock salt gets its unique orange-pink color? This is all thanks to the traces of iron present in the salt. 38.9 ppm of this trace element seems to be enough to completely change the appearance of salt.
- Magnesium: This is another important element that is present in Himalayan salt in very small amounts, but has a beneficial effect on the human body. It is very good for metabolism and also for bone formation.
- Calcium: This salt contains very little calcium. Calcium is well known for its beneficial properties for bones.
- Zinc: Another element found in Himalayan salt is zinc. It is present in every cell of the body. It helps the immune system fight off harmful bacteria.
- Phosphorus. Another trace mineral is phosphorus, which helps maintain tissues and cells in the body.
- Apart from all these elements, Himalayan salt contains traces of hydrogen, boron, nitrogen, fluorine, aluminum, sulfur, chromium, manganese, cobalt, nickel, selenium, bromine, cadmium, molybdenum and so on.
So what do these minerals do?
- Electrolyte Balance: Electrolytes are ions that help carry electrical impulses from cell to cell. In its natural form, Himalayan salt contains sodium, chloride, potassium, magnesium, phosphate, and sulfate—all electrolytes! You can drink a small amount of Himalayan salt early in the morning to make the most of its minerals.
- Aid Digestion: The minerals in edible pink salt are said to aid digestion. Potentially, they can help your body make better use of the foods and nutrients you consume on a daily basis.
- Soothe aches and pains: If you have Himalayan pink salt, know that its uses are not limited to the kitchen! Paint a bath with this natural bath salt and immerse yourself in it to refresh yourself.
It is said that such a mineral bath can cleanse and detoxify, helping your skin absorb minerals for nourishment. The mineral content can also help with bloating and water retention.
- Purify the Air: Wondering how simple rock salt can purify the air? It’s possible if you do it right! As for the Himalayan mineral salt lamp, many claim that Himalayan salt can purify the air by releasing negative ions when the lamp is turned on. The released ions are often referred to as «vitamins of the air» due to the many health benefits they offer.
- Energy: Some of this may be due to minerals, and some of this effect is due to the origin and history of Himalayan pink salt. . This salt comes from ancient seas and oceans billions of years ago. Over time, they dried up, leaving Himalayan salt deposits as part of the Khewra Salt Mines today.
Because salt has existed since ancient times, it is said to have absorbed the vibrational energy of the Sun and Earth. Many people claim that a pinch of this salt is uplifting and energizing.
The final question is how to make the most of this mineral goodness?
Now that you know all the interesting facts about Himalayan pink salt minerals, you must want to make the most of them! Just be careful not to exceed the recommended daily intake when consuming salt.
- You can sprinkle it on food, marinate food with it, or cook food on blocks of Himalayan salt .
- Buy Himalayan salt lamps for their respiratory and healing properties and breathe fresher air. Salt bath for nourishment and refreshment.
- Use it as a cellulite scrub to smooth out your skin over time.
- Use it with essential oils to prevent sweating — a great alternative to chemical deodorants!
- Drink a small amount of the diluted solution early in the morning to maintain energy levels throughout the day.
- Give your pets lick pieces — they too deserve love and all the essential minerals you have!
In conclusion, Himalayan pink salt provides benefits. should not be underestimated. This rare, pure form of rock salt comes to you without any artificial processing or addition. Appreciate this gift of nature, using it to the fullest!