We all know how important salt is for the proper functioning of vital organs in the body. Ironically, we are misled about many products and their benefits. Salt is one of them. Flip through any health magazine and you’ll be surprised at the variety of salts available and the many health benefits each claims.
Walk through the aisles of the supermarket and you will be surprised to find a wide variety of salts neatly lined up on the shelves.
The markets are full of different types of salts. It is up to consumers to know each salt in detail before adopting it for use in daily life. Anything that looks pure white and doesn’t cake doesn’t qualify as a good salt.
Good salt is packed with all the beneficial nutrients needed by the human body. It reaches its consumers in the purest and most natural form.
Let’s talk about the two salts that currently rule the markets. Bamboo salt and Himalayan salt .
Bamboo salt vs Himalayan salt
Both salts are old and have been in use for a long time. It would not be wrong to say that they have been reintroduced to modern man since their benefits were long forgotten.
What is bamboo salt?
Bamboo salt dates back 1,000 years. It was developed in Korea by Dr. Kim II Hoon in collaboration with monks. Since then, bamboo salt has been used as a folk remedy for various ailments.
Bamboo Salt is made by putting sea salt in cases made of bamboo with three years of growth.
What is Himalayan salt?
Himalayan pink salt is also sea salt but in a different form. It is extracted by hand from the salt mines located in the foothills of the great Himalayas. These mountains are located in Punjab, a province of Pakistan.
The Himalayan salt mines are the result of massive evaporation from the sea that took place millions of years ago. For millions of years, this salt remained protected by layers of mountains. This makes Himalayan salt the purest salt present on earth.
Curiously, both salts are obtained through very unique procedures.
Bamboo salt, also called Jukyeom, is filled in the bamboo boxes. These cases are then sealed with yellow clay that is rich in minerals. The bamboo crates are then placed in metal crates and heated in a pine wood-fired kiln. The process takes around 10 hours and the required temperature ranges from 1000c to 1300c.
The entire process is repeated 3, 6, or 9 times making the salt medically more effective. In ancient times, this process was done only twice, but research has shown that doing it more times increases its effectiveness. High temperature multiple roasting helps a better amalgamation of the nutrients from the bamboo and yellow clay and helps remove impurities from the sea salt.
The medical efficacy of salt reaches its peak when it is subjected to the process 9 times. After this, if it is roasted, it starts to lose its effectiveness. At its peak, bamboo salt is called purple bamboo salt because of the purple hue it takes on when roasted at high temperatures.
Himalayan salt is mined by hand from khewra salt mines . No explosives are used in the process, ensuring that the salt remains pure. The extraction procedure follows the ruin and pillar technique, ensuring no damage to the salt mines.
Large chunks of Himalayan salt are sliced, shaped, and ground as required.
Appearance and Nutritional Profile
Scientific research has shown that bamboo salt contains more than 70 trace minerals. The reason behind the enriched nutritional profile of bamboo salt is the leaching of minerals from the trunks of bamboo trees, the yellow clay, and the resin of pine wood.
The main components of bamboo salt are calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, manganese, copper, potassium and zinc. At the same time, it has a high sulfur content as a result of the trunk of the bamboo tree. This makes bamboo salt a highly alkaline food compared to all other acidic salts. This also makes Bamboo Salt a great neutralizer.
Another interesting fact about bamboo salt is that it manifests the energy of the five basic elements of the raw materials and the roasting process it goes through. The details of the elements are:
Metal tray = Metal
sea salt = water
Bamboo and pine wood = Wood
On the other hand, Himalayan salt is labeled as the miracle salt due to the myriad of health benefits. it keeps. Himalayan salt is known to contain up to 84 minerals and trace elements.
It is due to these minerals that this Himalayan salt acquires its unique pink and orange hues. Pink salt is said to have the perfect balance of sodium and potassium that complements the proper functioning of the body’s organs.
Bamboo Salt Benefits
- Bamboo salt generates hydrogen sulfide that works as an antigastric. It also has physiological effects that help reduce inflammation and hypertension.
- Improves insulin sensitivity.
- It is recommended to use Bamboo salt for the skin. It helps remove dead skin cells and treats skin problems such as acne and freckles. For this reason, beauty lovers often use bamboo salt soap.
- Bamboo salt is used to treat sore throats due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Bamboo salt detoxifies the body. Protects blood vessels and cells from bacteria and toxins. It also improves the body’s resistance to antibiotics.
- Bamboo salt acts as a blood coagulator and helps fight bacterial infections.
Himalayan salt benefits
- Himalayan salt is known to be the best air purifier. Cleans the air of dust, dander and pollutants.
- Himalayan salt balances the abundant positive ions in the environment by releasing negative ions. This creates a feeling of peace and serenity.
- Himalayan salt works as an excellent cure for respiratory diseases.
- Himalayan salt elixir is a great way to make up for lost electrolytes from the body.
- Himalayan bath salt is the best for the skin. It removes dead skin cells and gives the skin a healthy glow.
- Himalayan salt detoxifies the body of harmful toxins and rejuvenates and invigorates it with energy.
difference in uses
Ways to use bamboo salt
- Use bamboo salt to treat cavities and toothache.
- Apply bamboo salt to the scalp to treat hair loss.
- Use bamboo salt to reduce body odor.
- Use bamboo salt for nasal irrigation.
- Use bamboo salt to reduce joint pain.
- Use bamboo salt on the skin to lessen skin conditions.
Ways to use Himalayan salt
- Use Himalayan salt dab for a host of health benefits.
- Use Himalayan salt lamps to cleanse the air of pollutants.
- Use Himalayan salt baths to relax, detoxify, and rejuvenate your body.
- Use Himalayan salt inhalers to treat respiratory ailments.
- Use Himalayan salt scrubs to get glowing skin.
- Himalayan salt slabs can be used in the kitchen as both cooking and serving dishes.
- The iodine content of Himalayan pink salt helps to eliminate goiter.
- Himalayan salt bricks and tiles are used in homes and spas to build salt walls and salt rooms .
Both salts are beneficial to human health. It is up to the consumer to study and choose the most suitable salt for daily use.